e: daphoto@darliaargyris.com.au

m: 0408 753 879



Please email or call for a quote.


CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO VIEW LARGER VERSIONS

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

compact music.

I've never shot at a festival and even after having my 35mm film camera rejected at the gates of Splendour In The Grass, I dealt with it and continued to shoot, but with my little compact Canon number and decided to accept the limits it has. The results are pretty dodgy at most times, but then again it is a fun challenge!
Here are a few shots from the last few years:

The Strokes: Julian Casablancas // Splendour in the Grass
Woodford - July/August 2010
In the front row at the main stage with about 20,000 people behind me, unable to breathe, I still managed to snap this shot of lead singer Julian Casablancas. Completely out of focus, this is one of the dodgy yet wonderful qualities of such a small camera.




The Killers // Good Vibrations Festival
Gold Coast Parklands - February 2010
The Killers were headliners at this years Good Vibrations Festival. Lead singer Brandon Flower's mother passed away a few weeks before this festival, and because of that we witnessed what seemed to be one of the most amazing sets I have ever seen. So passionate and emotional, it was truly a memorable experience. Plus! confetti. What more could you want!?


N*E*R*D: Pharrell Williams // Hordern Pavilion
Sydney - March 2009
Being such die-hard N*E*R*D fans, my sister and I flew down to Sydney for 1 night to see N*E*R*D play their own headline gig. I shot this image just as Pharrell was walking back off stage at the end of their set. I was deaf for 2 days as we were front row, but even though I couldn't hear for some time it was well worth it! So, by the time my hearing had returned, it was time for Future Music Festival at the end of that same week, which I won free tickets to on the radio!! 2 sets in a week = best week of my life.